Current Job Opportunities
We’re Hiring! We are looking for a Marina Caretaker(s) to join our team at Ḵ ̓wax̱wa̱lawadi Echo Bay Marina & Lodge.
Echo Bay Marina & Lodge is a full-service marina on Gilford Island in the beautiful Broughton Archipelago and Kwakwa̱ka̱’wakw territory. Echo Bay is a sought-after wilderness destination. It offers a rural, eco-tourism destination – a place to disconnect from the world and to reconnect with nature.
Caretaker – Immediately Hiring
Echo Bay Marina & Lodge is a First Nations owned business looking for year-round and on-site caretakers. Ideal for a couple or single person. This is an employee position unless you can provide a Worksafe account.
- Ensures that customers are provided with high-quality and friendly customer service
- We are selling fuel at the fuel dock year-round.
- Minor cleaning, including cleaning of rooms in the winter for the public and ‘offseason’ guests
- Ongoing maintenance needs on a seasonal basis needed for a marine environment
- Helping source and cut firewood for an off-grid marina
- Communicates well with the general manager anything beyond general maintenance
- The Operations Manager may assign other duties.
Reliable and a handy person(s) in any of the following fields: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, general maintenance
- Caretaker 2 Years (preferred)
- Carpenter 2 Years (preferred)
Willing to work hard in a team environment to get things done, and someone excited to explore the puzzles to living in an off-grid and remote location, and a respect for First Nations culture and the environment.
Negotiable and with proper notice and communication:
Lodging, salary, firewood, days off or shift work, fuel, additional services to customers for cooking, and boat services.
Interested/qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter and resume by Feb 1, 2021 to email@example.com.